Breast Augmentation in Beverly Hills
There are many reasons why women might be interested in breast augmentation in Beverly Hills. Some women are unsatisfied with their cup size, and would like to go bigger (by one or more bra cups). Other women may have lost breast size as a result of pregnancy and nursing, and would like an operation to restore their previous appearance.
Beverly Hills Breast Augmentation with Dr. J!
Dr. J, certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Surgery, strongly believes that an informed patient is a satisfied patient. During your consultation, he will listen attentively to your hopes and concerns, and offer a range of solutions for your consideration. He will discuss the relative pros and cons of both silicone and saline (filled with a solution akin to salt water) breast implants.
How Breast Augmentation in Beverly Hills Works
There are multiple ways of putting a breast implant in place. An incision in the armpit can be used. Other patients have the incision made around the nipple, and still other incisions are just beneath the breast. One advantage of the armpit as a location for an incision is that the scar is well-hidden. Visualizing the spot where the implant needs to go is a challenge for some doctors, but a laparoscopic device can result in greater precision.
Inframammary incisions are incisions made in the crease of the breast. The lower part of the breast generally covers the scar in cases when such an incision is used. Placing an incision near the nipple has somewhat of a higher chance of leaving a visible scar.
Dr. J performs rapid recovery breast augmentation in Los Angeles, and this technique is available to most patients. Additionally, breast augmentation from Dr. J can often be performed on an outpatient basis. The idea is to find the most natural breast augmentation result for each patient. As a double board certified plastic surgeon, Dr. J is extremely proud of the natural-looking results he achieves in his patients. The kind of incision or technique that’s right for an individual patient is something that can only be determined at a consultation.
Breast Augmentation Recovery Period
In the case of quick recovery breast augmentation in Beverly Hills and Los Angeles, patients generally take nothing stronger than over-the-counter pain medicine. They are always able to lift their arms over their heads immediately after surgery, and they can return to their jobs (if their jobs don’t involve strenuous exercise) 24 hours after surgery.
A Few Things to Keep in Mind about Breast Augmentation
- The first human breast silicone-based breast augmentation procedure occurred in 1962. It was a dramatic success and it became an immediate worldwide sensation. In the decades that have followed, millions of procedures have been performed around the world. Much has been learned as techniques have become progressively more refined and sophisticated. Today, it’s an extremely safe and effective procedure that typically has outstanding results when performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon.
- Breast augmentation remains wildly popular. The ASPS reported in 2018 that it was the most widespread surgery of its type in the prior year, with 300,378 procedures performed in the United States alone, making for a three percent increase.
- Breast augmentation isn’t always strictly cosmetic. Many women who have had mastectomy procedures are provided with breast implants as part of their breast reconstruction procedures. Federal law requires that insurance companies cover breast reconstructions if the insurer has also covered a mastectomy.
- Since it has been around so long, breast augmentation has been thoroughly studied. While any procedure carries some risk of complications, an FDA report in 2011 summarizing the research noted that “Most women reported high levels of satisfaction with their body image and the shape, feel and size of their implants.”
- Dr. J is board certified both as a plastic surgeon and as a general surgeon. Dr. J feels strongly that this allows him to be more flexible in the operating room in terms of dealing with whatever situations may arise during a procedure.
- Saline implants, which are filled with a simple salt water solution, are a popular alternative to silicone. Dr. J performs most of his procedures with silicone implants, but both types have their pros-and-cons. Patients may ask Dr. J about which type he thinks will work best in their case.
- Breast augmentations are often obtained on their own, but in many cases, the best results may often be achieved in tandem with breast lift procedures. They are also frequently obtained as part of a mommy makeover suite of procedures intended to reverse the less flattering impacts of motherhood.
Breast Augmentation in Beverly Hills is About More than a Zip Code!
The idea of getting breast augmentation in Beverly Hills might sound exciting, but improving a woman’s figure is about much more than an area code. At the same time, there’s no getting around the fact that the City of Beverly Hills plays hosts to thousands of plastics surgeons and that many of them are among the finest in the world. Still, it’s important to choose the right plastic surgeon based on much more than a street address.
Dr. J has made his name in this supremely competitive climate by doing the kind of work that you can see on the many galleries on this site. Many of his patients praise his widely noted aesthetic sense. The doctor himself says that it is always his goal to make sure that, whatever part of the body he’s working on, the endresult is not just improving the appearance of one part of the body, it’s making sure that the work is as flattering to the patient’s overall look as possible. He adds that there’s a lot more to a breast augmentation that just using saline or silicone breast implants, it’s how to place them in a way that will produce a pleasing outcome while also maximizing the patient’s safety. Being double board certified in both plastic and general surgery, says Dr. J, is about being able to master anything that may come up while performing a procedure.
Please feel free to look around this site and to search out reviews of Dr. J’s work on social media. We think you’ll like what you see.
To find out more, contact us today at the phone number above. You can also reach out online by visiting our contact page.