Plastic surgery is still the gold standard for long lasting improvements to a person’s appearance, but there are many times when non-invasive procedures that are highly effective, though usually only temporary, may be a better fit. Payam Jarrah-Nejad, M.D., F.I.C.S., F.A.C.S., better known as Dr. J, has performed countless non-invasive procedures than many patients take advantage by themselves or as a supplement to a plastic surgery. The most popular non-invasive procedures performed by Dr. J include:
- Botox. The best known of a number of highly effective injection-based facial rejuvenation procedures, Botox is the brand name for a bacterial protein that, while very dangerous in large amounts, in very small amounts can reduce wrinkling by preventing certain muscles from contracting for as long as six months. In addition, many patients have Botox injections as a preventative against future wrinkling.
- Chemical Peel. This brief procedure causes the outer layer of skin to peel off in the course of approximately a week. Once the outer layer is done, the skin should look fresher and more youthful.
- Facial Fillers. Wrinkles and sagging in the skin can sometimes be the result of lost volume in the certain portions of the face. As the term implies, fillers replace that volume for a fresher and more youthful appearance. These products go under a number of brand names and employ a number of substances. The best known brands are probably Juvederm and Radiesse, both of which utilize hyaluronic acid. Depending on the active ingredient, fillers can last from roughly three to six months or longer.
- Lip augmentation. Lush, full lips are the dream of many women. Fortunately, another use of hyaluronic acid is to plump up the lips. Dr. J generally uses Juvederm brand filler for lip augmentation, but other methods may be used in certain cases.
- MiraDry. For people afflicted with excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis) in the underarm area, this procedure uses the power of electromagnetic area to safely and permanently eliminate sweat glands. A procedure that consistently provides results safely and without long-lasting side effects, there’s no reason for anyone to have to deal with excessive underarm sweat anymore.
Choosing Dr. J for Non-Invasive Procedures
As a leading plastic surgeon Dr. J is able to ensure that these procedures have optimum impact while being conducted in the safest possible manner. Moreover, patients who may be considering plastic surgeries can benefit from the Dr. J’s aesthetic skills in terms of ensuring that non-invasive treatments provide a powerful complement to their surgery results.
Dr. J is double board certified by both the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Surgery. To get started, get in touch with us via the phone number above. You can also reach out to us via our contact page.